Gold Core issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shhya1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an older Gold Core 5mm suit that is still in pretty good shape except for one issue. There are lots of areas where the seams on the inside are coming appart. You dont notice it on the outside but when u flip it inside out, a lot of the seams are separating. Will this effect my exposure protection? How can I fix this?

I'm a novice but . . . contact one of the custom places and see if they will sew it for you?

buy some neoprene cement and put it together..but if the suit has around 200 dives on it or is around 4 years old it may not be worth it.time for a new suit.All wet suits wear out.thisis why purchasing a used suit usually does not make sense.the older the suit is the less thermal protection it affords .

Aqua-seal.

i have used aquaseal to glue up my old 5mm gold core suit in the past, at the splitting inside seams, and when the stitching started coming out on the outside, and it worked great. eventually the suit wore out (ripped apart in the leg, but oddly not at a seam). i am planning to replace it with another gold core. great suit. and apparently henderson is gluing all the seams on their suits now, finally, twas the only weak point for them.

Back
Top Bottom