Golden Reef Inn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

renpirate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Has anyone had contact or stayed with them lately? It seems that they aren't answering any of my emails.

You might PM dvrliz1 here. she owns GRI. And was on SB earlier today.

I was there earlier in July. Liz has always answered all my emails promptly. Have you checked your junkmail or spam? I've been there 2x and it's a great place to stay.

When she emails me I always get it. I just sent her a PM and am hoping for a reply.

Hi All, renpirate got ahold of me, unfortunately his emails were going to my spam box!!! I have to talk with my server company, they set up this program, and it is a bit sensitive, or sometimes puts things where it shouldn't! Thanks all!

Liz

Hi Liz,

Thank you for responding to my pm. I very much enjoyed staying at your establishment and hope you can resolve the refund issue as you promised.

Andy, thanks for you patience during my emergency stay in the states for surgery and recovery. It is done.

Liz

I was so sorry to hear about your surgery when we stayed there in the beginning of June. Thank you for informing me that you processed that refund last Monday. Do you expect it to take much longer to arrive?

Warning against Golden Reef Inn…

Ok everyone I don’t like what I am about to do, but I am at my wits end. Golden Reef overcharged us and has not delivered the refund that was promised. This is a warning to all travelers going to Golden Reef.

I have tried to contact golden reef inn over the past two months with no success. The following are copies of my last few emails as proof with only the end of my email address changed from the emails. Hopefully the support of fellow divers and the reputation of Golden Reef Inn overcharging people and not refunding them will get Liz to take care of the situation without filing charges with my credit card company. When Liz refunds me I will amend my accusations of theft by golden reef inn, back to simply stating they are slow. The whole problem began when we arrived to find them saying they charged our credit card, but would not be able to supply the diving part of the package and that we would have to pay Wanna Dive directly (Wanna dive is not to blame in any of this and personally plan to do business with them again next year), or wait until the end of the week and they would try and work it out with Wanna Dive. At the end of the week they did not work it out and we had to scramble to get cash to pay Wanna Dive directly with a note given to us by Golden Reef Inn that they would refund our credit cards, but two months later and no credit and no response other than to say tomorrow we will contact you. I know there was a medical issue involved, but that was two months ago and I am sure Golden Reef has been able to charge other people now they can simply refund me. I have also heard of two other couples who are having trouble with Golden Reef Inn at this time. Beware to all traveling to Golden Reef about being over charged. Though it is a basic and clean place a lot of what is on there web site is far strung from the exact truth of the matter ie. My friends room did not lock and he found his key worked in my door, the pool was almost completely drained, the staff though were really nice to deal with my beef is with Liz at this time.

This last email was sent by liz on monday 8/18/08 @ 1700 per my email title it is now Thursday and I have also tried to call her by telephone with no success.

Shawn-Paul,

Sorry, this was in my "spam file", I have been having problems with this lately. I will take care of this tomorrow, I apologize.

Liz
----- Original Message -----
To: 'Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef'
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 12:22 AM
Subject: RE: Refund

Hi Liz,
Sorry that I have not heard from in a couple weeks. In your last email you stated that you would contact me in two days. I know that it is not a lot of money but still it is $205 US dollars $135 for the refund you stated we were owed as well as the $70.00 nitrox upgrade that we paid. I would like to clear this up this week or else I feel that I should give my credit card company a call about me filling for false charges. Sorry, but I feel that I need to put some pressure on you to clear this up. I spent your money at your establishment in good faith. Please do not let there be a tarnish on our experience in such a beautiful place.

Shawn-Paul

From: Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef [mailto:liz@goldenreefinn.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2008 6:55 PM
To: shawnpaul
Subject: Refund

Shawn,

I am sure you have heard I was in the states for emergency surgery and it was worse then they thought, and I ended up staying the whole month of June (Actually got back to the states on 8 July). This was suppose to get taken care of while I was away.

I will be going through files on Monday morning and will be in contact with you then.

Sorry for the delay.

Liz

Shawn,

First, I did respond to your email as soon as I saw it, second this was taken care of as stated. Unfortunately We (actually 1/3rd of the island - the Rincon Grid) has been without electricity since 11:30 this morning and you were on my list to call today. We got back electricity at 5:10 pm today, when I was able to access email and saw that you tried to call.

I will call you tomorrow with the refund information. Unfortunately while I was away in the states for surgery a few things were not completed by my staff, as many are aware that this is when I had to return for to the states for emergency surgery.

I can, if you like send you the links to my spam, so you can see that your emails did go there (my server company's spam system booted them, not me,

Some times things happen and I am doing all I can to rectify the situation. In 5 years of business, I have one month of difficulty due to a medical emergency, I am sorry.

I think it is unfair that you post here, but it is your right. I only got one email, and one phone call from you that I could track down. I did as I promised in the last email.

Second, the locks were replaced with new ones as soon as we could obtain on island (done when we got back from the US), second, the pool was drained for replacing the liner, which the liner company sent the wrong size (Ed bought another while we were in the US) and was put in the 2 days after we returned from the states.

Second, the 2 other persons, one, he was looking for a refund on his discover card, but he used Master card (this is where it showed up), and the second person was an admin error with our local bank and AMEX. Amex did post and accept eventually, as it was a partial refund and they normally do not post partial refunds. After AMEX telling the client they don't take partial refunds, I involved them with the bank here, and it got worked out.

This is not being done on purpose, or "overcharging".

Once again, I am one person, human, and had a medical emergency and was gone a month more than I was suppose to be, now finding out some things didn't get done correctly (this is also being handled in house).

Once again I will email you with information tomorrow.

Liz

Back
Top Bottom