Good boat for diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weight was never a problem, room was. I had a 24' center console I/O and 4 divers, gear, 12 tanks and a topside watch didn't leave much left over room. I now have a 22" CC straight inboard and keep it to 2 or 3 divers and topside watch. A 350 cu/in V8 I/O in a 22 foot boat should have enough power. A closed forward deck is safer in heavy weather as it is less likely a wave taken over the bow will fill the boat like it would with a open center console.

Thanks guys for all of the advice. I have decided to keep my runabout for another year and purchase a larger boat next year. I spoke with the mechanic that supposedly rebuilt the motor, and after looking at the job orders he stated that he had done nothing but resurface/rebuild the heads. It's amazing how all to often one will straight out lie about the item he/she is attempting to sell!

Thanks guys for all of the advice. I have decided to keep my runabout for another year and purchase a larger boat next year. I spoke with the mechanic that supposedly rebuilt the motor, and after looking at the job orders he stated that he had done nothing but resurface/rebuild the heads. It's amazing how all to often one will straight out lie about the item he/she is attempting to sell!

Prehaps a good decision as it will allow you to look around at others. Sea
Rays are a little too plush with all the cushions and carpet to be a dive platform. I would look more in the way of a fishing boat with amenities such as a head rather than a weekend cruiser.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom