Good Bye Hawaii............

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
My time here has come to an end. I have had a blast and will always rember my time here. A little over a year and a half between Maui and the Big Isle. I have moved from a OW to Divemaster and have dove all over the islands almost every weekend.
I would like to thank the board members I got to dive with and I look foreword to diving with y'all again someday.
I have about a week and a half left and intend on diving as much as I can in that time. Then Im going back home to Alaska. Next job looks to be Purto Rico or South Dakota. Im not sure I can be that far away from the ocean for long though. Any diving in SD?
Again, mahalo to the Hawaii O'hana, you will be missed.

What a life...........makes me jealous.

Puerto Rico and South Dakota - now there's two places that get confused for each other all the time. There's lots of divers in SD - DA Aquamaster is in Spearfish on the western border of the state. I guess you'll see a lot of carp up there. Good luck and have fun.

Well sorry to see your body leave but hey, this board ain't goin' nowhere (right?). Alaska home (gorgeous country but too cold for my tastes), Hawaii for a year'n'ahalf TDY, then to SD or PR? Only the DoD treats its people like that -- guess that's why the Pentagon's been called the "5-sided zero" (hey, does that make our state capitol a 4-sided zero?). Hope it's PR; warm diving and COLA (about half of Alaska and Honolulu?). Swing easy, hit hard -- godspeed, dude....

Moving around like this has some great points like I get to learn all about an area, not just drive through. Down sides are its real hard to maintain a relationship. My GF is just crushed right now but she knew this day was coming, someday, just not this soon.

What do I do? As my handle implies ( maybe) I do a little of everything. Currently doing EOD ( bomb squad) but I also work as a boat captain, commercial fisherman, Paramedic ( my job of choice, just dosen't pay crap) firefighter and a bunch of other stuff I have done in the past and can do again if needed. School is a hobbie of mine, seems Im always working on something.

Now Im on to new dive spots! Aloha!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom