Good deal or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danny

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.
on the scuba clasifides theres a Transpack II forsale with recwings. Its going for $400 or 440 with new weight pockets. Its suposto be in real good condition, only 2 dives on it. Is that a good Deal?

That sounds like an "average" deal to me. Does it have a warranty? If the owner has the original warranty paperwork you can send in under your name, fine.. if not, a call to Dive-Rite might be in order to check out warranty status. Is it from a local shop that'll welcome and support it as "one of their own?"
If the warranty's intact and it's from a local shop, it's probably a good deal - if it was obtained grey-market without warranty it's not.
Rick

Thanks for the information, ill look into that.
Dan

Danny - I think Rick is right.
Besides I believe that the Dive Rite warranty is specific to the "Original owner" mening - non-transferable.
You can get an answer from Dive rite online - just go to the web site, they will normally get back to you within a day.
As far as the deal goes - that's so-so - and remember that any individual may have changed the rigging to be non original which could meand that you get a different type inflator than what you are used to etc, etc... Know what you're buying.

I dive one and I love it - it's a great BC if you ask me.
Terkel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom