Good Dive magazines.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jashaw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What is a good dive magazine? I have read Dive Training and it is a good magazine. Is there one that is more specific to the great lakes region? If not, I think dive training will get my subscription.

There is the Underwater Journal.

Its free, and it’s available online (you download your copy to your computer) at underwaterjournal.com

In addition to our online pdf magazine, our wedsite also features a scuba directory called the AqauPages which has virtually every brand of scuba equipment, underwater camera and video equipment out there as well as hundreds of other links to rebreathers, underwater lights, dive travel agencies, and the list goes on and on.

AND, in case you’re interested, we’re giving away another Zeagle N2ition3!

To date, we’ve awarded prizes to three lucky, randomly selected subscribers. Congrats to Neil Melillo and Laurel Bartels who received brand new Zeagle N2ition-3 gas/nitrox computers, and Gary Sain who won a new Sea&Sea DX-GE5 camera and 2 tank dive for 2 – courtesy of Jupiter Dive Center, North Palm Beach, FL.

If you’ve not yet subscribed for FREE (takes a name and email address) do it now. Winner will be notified January 30, 2011. That winner could be YOU! Your subscription is free, you can’t go wrong! Subscribe Here.

Very nice magazine! I am downloading some back issues.

Agreed, This is good stuff. Little fluff and really good articles, nice work.

Another fun e-zine (and it's free!) is Advanced Diver Magazine. There, you can read articles about very cool diving expeditions on deep wrecks and into caves, but also about some more advanced recreational diving sites like some of our PNW walls. The photography is uniformly excellent. And there are some articles on things like decompression theory that make interesting reading, as well.

What is a good dive magazine? I have read Dive Training and it is a good magazine. Is there one that is more specific to the great lakes region? If not, I think dive training will get my subscription.

+1 on Dive Training
Dive Training can usually be picked up for free each month at your LDS.

Dive New Network publishes local area dive news, including one for the MidWest so you can keep in touch with local diving activities and knowledge. I believe these are also free at your LDS.
Dive News Network

Alert Diver Magazine comes with your DAN insurance :)offtopic:no diver should be without dive accident insurance, but there's plenty of threads on that topic). Alert Diver Online

Very nice magazine Walt. There was a need for a magazine dedicated to serious scuba journalism. I was getting more and more fed up with PADI Sport diver. Every issue was more of an attempt to market the same scuba destinations and same scuba gear over and over again. YAWN!!! There was little emphasis on local diving within USA. I was really happy to see a detailed article on Catalina and Blue Heron Bridge.

As long as there is an element of science and history (wreck history) I think this will have an edge over other paper mags out there.

Cheers -

Sinbad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom