Good Dive operators in Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaparrothead

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anybody have any suggestions on good dive ops in maui? We like small groups, focusing on critters and interesting things under the water. We don't like tee shirt pushing, CD selling, tip jar passing type of boats. We have used Mike Severns and we LOVED them. We will be using them as well, but they unfortunatly do not go to Lanai, they focus on south maui and Molokini. We want to do Cathedrals and some other things up that way. We dove with Extended Horizon two years ago and was not impressed at all. If anyone has first hand knowledge of a operator that fits our bill please drop me a line, we don't want to get screwed again.
Thanks,
scubaparrothead.

The only three dive operators that go to Lanai are Hawaiian Rafting Adventures, Extended Horizons, and Lahaina Divers. All have different pros and cons. Unfortunately, I don't think any of them are anything like Mike Severns, so you'll likely have to compromise.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into Hawaiian Rafting Company and Lahania Divers. Just found out that we are going to St. Lucia in March. Does anyone have any input to diving there? I know nothing about the island and how the diving there would be ( or not). Again any input would be greatly appreciated.

Scubaparrothead

It has been a couple of years but I went with Extended Horizons out to Lana'i and had a nice crew of 2 and 6 divers. Hit the cathedrals and sharkfin rock. No complaints here.

That is where I got my avatar shot!
<---

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom