Good Dive Related Books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Am I the only who finds it odd that the OP couldn't find a list of dive related books in the "book and media reviews" sub forum?
I could copy and paste a list of the threads already in existance but it seems rather redundant.

Dragon Sea by Frank Pope, is what i am reading at the moment. Has everything you are looking for.

I was hoping someone would come up with a fiction book like a murder mystery, hidden treasure mystery or something that has lots of diving in it.
I have found a few books by Paul Kemprecos, they are very good mystery books that feature diving as a very central theme. I really enjoyed his books!:cool3:

apparently raising the dead , its about cave diving in or near south africa true story . not read it yet hopefully soon i will

"Papa Topside: The Sealab Chronicles of Capt. George F. Bond, USN" is an engaging read. A little dated, but the stories of what they were learning while experimenting with long durations underwater are cool.
You can also read "Blind Man's Bluff". Not diving focused, but a good yarn.

Lots of good books out there about diving. Here are two I did not see mentioned that I very much enjoyed and recommend. I am sure they are not right for everyone but they are the type of material I like to read.

The first book one is a biography of Mel Fisher's life.

Fatal Treasure: Greed and Death, Emeralds and Gold, and the Obsessive Search for the Legendary Ghost Galleon Atocha

Amazon.com: Fatal Treasure: Greed and Death, Emeralds and Gold, and the Obsessive Search for the Legendary Ghost Galleon Atocha (9780471696803): Jedwin Smith: Books

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second book (not about scuba but about diving) is an autobiography by a man that served on German U-boats during WWll

Iron Coffins: A Personal Account of the German U-Boat Battles of World War II

Amazon.com: Iron Coffins: A Personal Account of the German U-Boat Battles of World War II (9780306811609): Herbert A. Werner: Books

Don't know of any formal list, but a few I can think of off the top of my head are:

Shadow Divers
Shadow Divers Exposed
Deep Descent
Dark Descent
The Last Dive
Dive into History Vol 1 - 3

Then are are all sorts of training books, medical research/info books etc... Lots out there depending on that you are looking for.

Thanks to your share. Just ordered Deep Descent and Dark Descent. Waiting for the reply. Thanks mate.

Some more that haven't been mentioned yet that I have enjoyed reading:

'Submerged: Adventures of America's Most Elite Underwater Archaeology Team' by Daniel Lenihan

'The white divers of Broome: The true story of a fatal experiment' by John Bailey

'Goldfinder' by Keith Jessop

'Ship of Gold in the deep blue sea' by Gary Kinder

Then if you are into cave diving:

'The cave divers' by Robert F. Burgess

'Blind Descent' by James M. Tabor

Enjoy!

Some more that haven't been mentioned yet that I have enjoyed reading:

'Submerged: Adventures of America's Most Elite Underwater Archaeology Team' by Daniel Lenihan

'The white divers of Broome: The true story of a fatal experiment' by John Bailey

'Goldfinder' by Keith Jessop

'Ship of Gold in the deep blue sea' by Gary Kinder

Then if you are into cave diving:

'The cave divers' by Robert F. Burgess

'Blind Descent' by James M. Tabor

Enjoy!

Hi there,

Do you know the cost of Goldfinder and Gary Kinder's book?Do you have any idea where to buy and cost of these books?Thanks will appreciate if you have. thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom