good fitting masks for small faces

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried dozens of masks and the Opera was the best fit for me. The skirt is smaller in diameter than many over masks around and the volume is extremely low.

The Ocean Master Z2 is a very good one for small faces. Check out Rodales site, their gear reviews tell you what masks fit narrow vs. wide faces.

Scott

the Mares Opera as well. My face is wide at eye sockets, but narrows considerably right below my cheekbones. Low volume, good fit, not real expensive. Also just bought my brother the Quartz 2 (ScubaPro?? not sure) in clear - all framing, skirting is clear, good peripheral vision, but low volume low profile like the Opera. I am keeping it if he decided he doesn't like it!

My girlfriend is the about that size with a small narrow face. We found that the US Divers Java mask is a perfect fit. It's a double lense mask without a purge valve and can be had in a wide variety of colors. It is also relatively inexpensive compared to most masks. Happy hunting.

There is a new company called XS Scuba that has come out with some of the best masks for fitting those with smaller faces and younger teens that aren't large enough to fit in an adult mask, yet too big for a kids mask. At our shop we have hard to fit smaller asian faces and the XS Scuba line has just opened us up to satisfying more customers. Good quality masks too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom