Good friend died diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me join the others in offering my condolences and prayers. I would think that your friend would not want you to mourn her passing...but to celebrate her life!!!!

Oh Allison,
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.
My thoughts & prayers are with Suzannes friends and family.

My condolences to you and all divers in the world. We all just lost a good friend. The World of Diving has blossomed even bigger because Suzanne was one of us. My heart aches as I type this, because I just lost a friend I never got the chance to meet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should all take to the time to appreciate our families and diving friends. Even the ones we have not met yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:broken_he

I am truly sorry about your loss. I am sure that the diving community as a whole will feel a sadness with the loss of a fellow diver. When these things occur, it seems to be most important to remind ourselves that every day is a gift, and that with each dive, safety remains of the utmost concern. Please let us know when you have further details of the incident.

Sorry for your loss.
My thoughts are with the family and you.

Oh my I have Knownen suzanne for several years and years she was one of the most safty minded divers I have ever meet my heart goes out to all who new her and her family .

Allison Finch:
I am very upset while writing this sad news. My friend, Suzanne Johnson was killed while diving the "Norman" a wreck in Lake Huron off Michigan on Sunday 07-11. She was an accomplished technical diver and all reports say that the death was probably not related to any DCS problem.
The wreck sits at approx. 205' (according to reports). While ascending they were pausing for deco and she started exibiting problems at approx 90'. Someone from the boat dove in and tested her breathing system which was working fine.
She went unconscious at approx 30 feet. Her team surfaced and began CPR to no avail. None of the other four people on her team had problems and were at her side during the ascent.
An autopsy was done, but I do not know the results yet.
I've known Suzanne for a good while. She was an excellent diver and everyone who knew her ready smile and endless humor, will greatly miss her. Her store, Waterworld in Durham, NC, will be short an important ambassador to the world of diving.
The next time you're underwater, take a moment to pause and be thankful for the fact that you get to see a world that few experience.

Essroc123:
Let me join the others in offering my condolences and prayers. I would think that your friend would not want you to mourn her passing...but to celebrate her life!!!!

I too have known Suzanne for a couple of years. She was a wonderfully fun woman who loved diving. Please join those of us who knew her on 7/31 (her birthday I've been told) and raise a glass and toast someone who made a difference in a lot of lives.
It's what she wanted.

Love and hugs across the miles. May you remember only the good and charish your memories.

Life goes on beyond our tears, and she is there preparing her next adventure!

My condolences to you and my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and loved ones. R.I.P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom