Good idea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LioKai

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
This is for everyone with weight pockets specificly, but also for anyone who owns a weight belt or a BCD, even your wetsuit, fins, and mask.

Go to your LDS and buy a water-proof paint marker and write your name on your pouches, your belt, your BCD, while you are at it write you name on every piece of gear that you own. And by 'name' I mean your entire name not just your initals. Colored rubberbands around the handles of your pouches is not enough. You are not the first person to come up with the color coded rubberband idea, and I assure you that someone else on the boat has the same pouches and colored rubberbands as you.

Custom made gear does not mean that it won't look remotely like anyone elses. I assure you that some genus with a $150 eBay special will think their first stage and your Titanium first stage are the same, and WILL attempt to take yours home.

There is nothing more disrupting on a dive boat than two vacationing adults, paying thousands of dollars for a week in Hawaii, and arguing over the ownership of a $10 weight pouch; unless of course one if them gets so upset that they throw-up all over the other. :l: :losecool:

I hated having to clean the boat after that episode, but you can bet that I will laughing about that stupid human trick for years to come. Right after I finish writing my name on all of my gear.

Matthew J D'Avella
Kona Hawaii

rjchandler:
should i write my name on my wife?
I'd ask her if it is OK to concider her "gear" before you pop the lid on the paint can. LOL

rjchandler:
should i write my name on my wife?
LioKai:
I'd ask her if it is OK to concider her "gear" before you pop the lid on the paint can. LOL
Just wait until she's asleep and then write your name on her back. If there's a chance that someone else might try to take her home, you'll be glad you did. :54:

-Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom