Good Morning from Korea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AnZal

Registered
Reaction score
... South Korea, that is. We've ..... Let me explain that first. I do not have a split personality. Both me and my wife will use this login name, so when posting, I may use 'we' occasionally to signify that it's a view shared by us both. No reason to split hairs though ........

We did our scuba course through Naui on Jeju Island off the southern coast of Korea. We are as green as they get with only 7 dives to our names but are hoping to use this summer to, at least, double that number.

We're planning to head off to Thailand in August (i know, pretty close to rainy season but unfortunately got little choice) and are planning to stay on Kho Samui for a week or so. If anyone has any info on diving round Samui or has any diving recommedations, please feel free to drop a hint.

We've been following numerous threads on this board and have already found it extremely helpful, if only to become more aware of potential dangers and excited by all the possibilities. Keep it up !!

You are going to be so glad you found this board. I have been diving for 15 years, yet have learned so much in the short time I have been on SB.

Welcome to SB!

K

Hi - and welcome to the board! How is the diving in Jeju? I live near Fukuoka in Japan so I have thought about Jeju a few times as it would be quite easy to get there! On top of that my brother lives in Korea so one day a combined trip might be on the cards!

KimLeece:
Hi - and welcome to the board! How is the diving in Jeju? I live near Fukuoka in Japan so I have thought about Jeju a few times as it would be quite easy to get there! On top of that my brother lives in Korea so one day a combined trip might be on the cards!

Not being very experienced, i would hate to mislead you. Here's a link to the diveshop/school we got certified at. The instructor/owber is a German called Ralf Deutch and this is the url to his site : http://www.bigblue33.co.kr/

Welcome to the board! Why not get each of you an account? The price is the same.

Joe

Welcome to the board! Have had a few divers that learned at the same place come dive with us in Okinawa. Another short trip away for you.

Where are you at in Korea?

Ahoy there AnZal! Welcome to the board!! Feel free to jump in anywhere and ask questions or just leave your 2psi. :D You may be intersted in the Scuba Board Clubs section of the board. There you can find clubs in all the major states/regions represented, coordinate meeting up for dives, getting together, trips around the state to different dive sites, and some general prattle about diving. For some reason I see you more interested in the diving destinations area, though, since it will probably better cover your demographic. :D

Another forum that may interest you is The Art of Scuba Diving. Under that heading you'll find New to Scuba, Dive into Fitness, Public Safety and many more that as you become involed with the sport may or may not interest you depending upon where your intersts grow.

Most importantly, have fun and don't feel shy to ask questions! :D

Welcome aboard!!!

Becareful, it's addictive, but who's counting!!!?

Good info and good friends. What could be better?

Back
Top Bottom