Good Morning from Korea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board!

I did a few dives in Gangnung several years ago.
Did you check out the local diving scene?
It's not great, but it's nice to have the ocean at your doorsteps!
(I now live in the SF Bay Area, 1.5 hours away from good diving. Sure beats being 4 hours away from decent diving when I used to live in Seoul!)

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

I don't mean to try to force the Western Culture on you, but - go ahead, let your wife have her own user name. 2 for the price of 1 - still free.

don

BTW - it would really help if you'd complete your Profile. Click "User CP" upper left of this page, then go down to "Edit Profile."

:D

japan-diver:
Welcome to the board! Have had a few divers that learned at the same place come dive with us in Okinawa. Another short trip away for you.

Where are you at in Korea?

On the east coast living in a small city called Gangneung. What's diving in Japan like ?

DandyDon:
Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

I don't mean to try to force the Western Culture on you, but - go ahead, let your wife have her own user name. 2 for the price of 1 - still free.

don

BTW - it would really help if you'd complete your Profile. Click "User CP" upper left of this page, then go down to "Edit Profile."

:D

Thanx but we are thoroughly westernized already (as much as an African can be, anyway). So much so that we're too lazy to have to keep changing user names, since we use the same computer *g* ........ Thanx anyways ,,,,,

Than

paulwlee:
Welcome to the board!

I did a few dives in Gangnung several years ago.
Did you check out the local diving scene?
It's not great, but it's nice to have the ocean at your doorsteps!
(I now live in the SF Bay Area, 1.5 hours away from good diving. Sure beats being 4 hours away from decent diving when I used to live in Seoul!)

We've been on one dive at Sachon so far. Water was so @#$% cold though we decided to wait a while till normal people start diving ......... point of interest : one of our dive guides at Sachon was called 'Stevan Shibbal' ...... you still remember the lingo ?

AnZal:
one of our dive guides at Sachon was called 'Stevan Shibbal' ...... you still remember the lingo ?

Am I guessing correctly: cross of 'Steven Segal' and !@#$?
:)

BTW, I'm Korean (although born in New Haven, CT) so the language is not something I forget. :wink:

Welcome to the SB from the Big "D", Dallas Texas :dazzler1:

AnZal:
On the east coast living in a small city called Gangneung. What's diving in Japan like ?

Japan has a wide range of diving from the chilly waters of Izu in the mainland to the beautiful coral reefs that suround the southern islands (where I'm from). I live/dive in Okinawa we have coral reefs inhabited by turtles, mantas tons of reef fish and varieties of hard and soft corals.
We have some great cave dives for the more adventourous and some great wall diving. Average viz of over 20m, with many days 50m+. Southern Japan has to be the best kept secret in the diving world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom