Good Morning from Northern California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CHPWHYF

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hola, just completes our first dives, after certification, in Cabo! Wow what a treat, so much packed into 3 days of diving. Got to see the sea lions, wreck, our first octopus, heard the whales and tons of beautiful fish. Sooooo excited about our new journey. I get so seasick but so glad to jump in the water. I took Dramamine hopefully after more dives it will start getting better

Welcome, you'll find lots of helpful information here on the board. Question for you, how long before you got on the boat did you take Dramamine? Ideally you want to take it a couple of hours before you get on the boat. Some people swear by also taking one dose the night before. Everyone is obviously different in their seasick tolerance, but getting the Dramamine in your system well before getting on the boat can be a big help.

Welcome, you'll find lots of helpful information here on the board. Question for you, how long before you got on the boat did you take Dramamine? Ideally you want to take it a couple of hours before you get on the boat. Some people swear by also taking one dose the night before. Everyone is obviously different in their seasick tolerance, but getting the Dramamine in your system well before getting on the boat can be a big help.
That’s great info. I only took it one hour before, I’ll definitely start the night before. Wow thank you. That’s very encouraging

Welcome. I get super seasick as well. The scoplamine patch helps me a lot, but if there are swells, I am miserable.

If you don't mind the cold water, there is great diving in Monterey. I see people coming down from Sacramento all the time.

We live in Vacaville; 1/2 between Sacramento and San Francisco
Oh cool!
If you were interested in diving Sonoma County look up Seal’s Water Sports in Santa Rosa. They do fun dives once a month at a local beach, usually Stillwater Cove, but not always. It’s a little closer than Monterey and just as cool. A gal named Jennifer runs the fun dives. It’s great fun, usually a whole day and a picnic. Very uncrowded and the scenery above and below the water is beautiful.
I hit some of them as my schedule allows. They’re great because it gives new divers an opportunity to meet new people and get some dives in. Water temps are the same as Monterey.

Oh cool!
If you were interested in diving Sonoma County look up Seal’s Water Sports in Santa Rosa. They do fun dives once a month at a local beach, usually Stillwater Cove, but not always. It’s a little closer than Monterey and just as cool. A gal named Jennifer runs the fun dives. It’s great fun, usually a whole day and a picnic. Very uncrowded and the scenery above and below the water is beautiful.
I hit some of them as my schedule allows. They’re great because it gives new divers an opportunity to meet new people and get some dives in. Water temps are the same as Monterey.
That’s incredible thanks for the info. We need to check that out. Always happy to hear about places close to home to keep learning more :)

Back
Top Bottom