Good News for US Divers Wanting to Go to Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
a bill has just been introduced to lift travel restrictions to Cuba. this would allow US citizens to spend cash in Cuba, thus making travel a whole lot easier than it is right now.

by 2009, if a Democrat is elected President and if Congress remains a Democrat majority, even the 47-year old embargo may go.

who can say?

the point is, Cuba may become a viable diving destination for Americans soon

http://cubalandblog.blogspot.com/

of course, this is happening now that Cuban prices are going up and Cuba is not the bargain that it used to be ... still ... would be nice to get a ScubaBoard trip to Cuba, no?

i'll translate for free :wink:

sign me up
C-Dawg

do it easy:
Cuba- It's not just for Canadians anymore. :D

That's why the Canadians have flocked to Cuba by the hundreds -- there were no Americans there!
:rofl3:

in the news: the hordes of American tourists now flocking to Cuba have driven off Canadian tourists from the island.

On a side note, now that the Canadians are gone, the Quebecois have returned to Cuba. Often confused as French by the Americans, the Quebecois find the Americans aren't such horrible people after all.

"Ve did not know who ve hate most ... de Americans or de Canadians ... guess it vas de Canadians," said Emil Lontarde, head of the Montreal Diver's Association. "After all, anyone who recognizes the French in us can't be all bad, no?"

forget aboot it!

(i have this sudden urge to whack a puck with a hockey stick)

Jus remember if you go to refer to the person diving with you as "Comrade Diver" :D

:rofl3:

Introducing a bill, and then getting it through the House and Senate, let alone past the President's veto, is not quite the same thing. Thousands of bills are introduced every year, with only a very small percentage actually becoming law.

As long as serious issues, such as compensation for seized property, remain unresolved, it's very unlikely that legislation easing restrictions on Cuba would gain widespread support from either political party.

Personally, I won't be planning any dive trips to Cuba any time soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom