Good place to get certified in Cincinnati OH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hitman731

New
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been interested in diving for several years. Including a lurker on this site for quite awhile. I am ready to take the "plunge" as it were and get my open water certification. Can anyone recommend a good dive shop in the Greater Cincinnati area and any experiences you may of had with them to help me make the right choice. Thanks

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

This is my first post,and felt I needed to comment about this one. I'm just certified in Jan, and this weekend I will be hitting my 50th dive at White Star! My twin sons and I got certified at the Cincinnati Diving Center. Tell Scottie I sent you. She's a diver 1st, and a shop owner 2nd! Kevin, Don, John, Racheal, Tom, Mike and everyone else are great to work with. They're always glad to see me even if I drop by the shop more than once a week!

PM me if you have any questions, and hurry up and get certified!

russ

Hello,
I am in Northern Kentucky. I did my cert at Central Coast Dive Center. The main reason was because they are about 5 minutes from my house. I figured it would be nice for the class time... but I now realize I spend a lot of time in there looking at gear and things like that, so it's nice to have them pretty close! They are very friendly, dont push you to try to but their gear, and help you with any poblems or questions you may have.

Good luck getting certified. You will love it.

I went through Tri-State Scuba earlier this year for my certification and had a good experience with them. Confined water portion was 3 Saturdays in a row, for most of the day. Class work in the mornings and pool work after lunch each day. They were also very helpful in getting me a referral for my OW portion (they have a quarry you can do the OW in with them, but I was headed to Key West anyway and figured I'd finish my OW in some warmer water!) I also found when I bought my personal gear form them that they took the time to figure out what would work for you and what fit you best, not just recommending whatever the most expensive thing was.

Hello,

I was reading through the threads on here and wanted to say hi. I instruct here in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area and usually do one-on-one or small group training. I will certify from open water through master level, and also run trips for divers or local get togethers. I offer online course or in-person depending on your needs or desires, and poolwork is done at one of two local locations. Certifications then can be done locally, on a regional trip, or by referral if you are going on a trip.

If you'd like more information or would like to talk about certifications, I'm happy to discuss anything with you. I'm at Aquatic Dreams Diving - Home Page, or you can write at info@aquaticdreamsdiving.com.

Regards and congrats again on your decision to get certified.

John

I went through Tri-State Scuba earlier this year for my certification and had a good experience with them. Confined water portion was 3 Saturdays in a row, for most of the day. Class work in the mornings and pool work after lunch each day. They were also very helpful in getting me a referral for my OW portion (they have a quarry you can do the OW in with them, but I was headed to Key West anyway and figured I'd finish my OW in some warmer water!) I also found when I bought my personal gear form them that they took the time to figure out what would work for you and what fit you best, not just recommending whatever the most expensive thing was.

Got certified with Tri State Scuba 6 years ago and they are top notch. I go to them for all my equipment needs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom