Good shallow dive on Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont know if it was mentioned, you could hire a private DM with your OP of choice to have them accopany you on a shallower profile from the rest of the group.
Columbia Shallows is awesome. Its the only dive I wish I had a 5 mm suit on so I could stay down longer than 90 minutes before I start freezing.

I really miss the airplane wreck dive off CDM pier. It was a great shore dive

No, some surgeries are due to injury. This was not an injury but a progressive medical condition they were trying to stop from worsening.

Injuries and progressive medical conditions are "problems" which is what I said surgeries are for.

I really miss the airplane wreck dive off CDM pier. It was a great shore dive

I did that one back in 2005. Then drifted along the coast until our gas supply got low, we swam out and took a taxi back to the hotel.

What happened to it?

I did that one back in 2005. Then drifted along the coast until our gas supply got low, we swam out and took a taxi back to the hotel.

What happened to it?

Hurricanes like Wilma took it out (I saw reef damage 100 ft down after Wilma btw). And now there is so much boat traffic through there I get a little nervous swimming through there.

Hurricanes like Wilma took it out (I saw reef damage 100 ft down after Wilma btw). And now there is so much boat traffic through there I get a little nervous swimming through there.

Too bad. At least we had the opportunity to dive it.

Sometimes I want to throw that dive out as a possible shore dive followed by a drift dive north along the coast.

Thanks to your post I won't be making that suggestion.

Too bad. At least we had the opportunity to dive it.

Sometimes I want to throw that dive out as a possible shore dive followed by a drift dive north along the coast.

Thanks to your post I won't be making that suggestion.

I did a shore dive with my newly trained mrs in 2011 and its just unsafe with all the boats. I mean you could go underwater but then you'd blow all your air getting out. The other shore dive in that spot is taking off from the north side of that pier. Lots less traffic, but still, there was something i loved about the airplane wreck. Would be awesome if they're do something else in that spot.

I did a shore dive with my newly trained mrs in 2011 and its just unsafe with all the boats. I mean you could go underwater but then you'd blow all your air getting out. The other shore dive in that spot is taking off from the north side of that pier. Lots less traffic, but still, there was something i loved about the airplane wreck. Would be awesome if they're do something else in that spot.

When we did the airplane wreck and then drifted north we stayed at depth, maybe 1-200 yards offshore, and passed many marinas and anchored boats and heard occasional boat traffic above us. We did not carry a flag (in retrospect probably unwise) but we did carry SMBs. We dived until a predetermined psi and then used the remaining air to swim towards shore and make a safe exit, walked to the road and almost immediately hailed a cab back to Hotel Cozumel which was maybe another mile down the road (we intended to drift all the way but didn't quite make it).

Are you talking about swimming out to the reef? I think they were talking about drifting north closer to shore.

When we did the airplane wreck and then drifted north we stayed at depth, maybe 1-200 yards offshore, and passed many marinas and anchored boats and heard occasional boat traffic above us. We did not carry a flag (in retrospect probably unwise) but we did carry SMBs. We dived until a predetermined psi and then used the remaining air to swim towards shore and make a safe exit, walked to the road and almost immediately hailed a cab back to Hotel Cozumel which was maybe another mile down the road (we intended to drift all the way but didn't quite make it).

That's one way to do it. I've always entered/exited in the same spot. :thumbsup:

Are you talking about swimming out to the reef? I think they were talking about drifting north closer to shore.

Yeah, I was. Several ways to do it obviously.

Back
Top Bottom