Good shop(s) for OW training in Ventura area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fnfalman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Two coworkers of mine, one of them wanted a refresher and the other wanted to do the OW class, and they're both in Ventura. I was wondering which shops can I point them to? I only know of the one shop that owns the Raptor boat in the Ventura Village marina.

I believe there is a LDS in Simi Valley, as I have seen their advertisment on the Net. For the life of me, I can't remember the name. I would suggest also checking out Santa Barbara also.

Hope this helps, as it's been a few years since I've been down there.

Two coworkers of mine, one of them wanted a refresher and the other wanted to do the OW class, and they're both in Ventura. I was wondering which shops can I point them to? I only know of the one shop that owns the Raptor boat in the Ventura Village marina.

Hi Infalman, Ventura dive N Sport is the only LDS left in Ventura! The local tech store closed as did Pacific Scuba in Oxnard. Channel Islands Scuba is in Thousand Oaks, but I can't vouch for there service.

JohnC aka watchmanjc

P.S. Thanks for your help in past posts!

If your co-workers are willing to travel a little bit, Steve Millington in Van Nuys is excellent. I'm currently taking a class with him....he's a very knowledgeable, passionate, beautiful diver and instructor. He's one of the few local open water instructors that I would strongly recommend.

If your co-workers are willing to travel a little bit, Steve Millington in Van Nuys is excellent. I'm currently taking a class with him....he's a very knowledgeable, passionate, beautiful diver and instructor. He's one of the few local open water instructors that I would strongly recommend.

Is there a contact number or email for him?

I'll forward the information to these two folks and they can make up their minds on which shops/person they'd want to go with.

Dito on that. I'm in the class with Nicole. He is a professional, and a great instructor. Here is his contact. Best of luck. I'm sure your co workers can sort something out to make things work.

L.A. SCUBA DIVING : Professional Scuba Instruction - Los Angeles 818.749.3483

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom