Good snorkeling iin Florida Keys? Better to go to Hawaii?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the Big Island a much better snorkeling place in Hawaii?

I dive, but this will be more of a snorkel trip for her.

I can't speak for Kauai, but I've snorkel and dove on the Big Island on the Kona side. I am also going through the same questions of heeding to Key Largo or back to the Big Island and take my 8 year son for a snorkel experience.

On the Big Island, we snorkeled with Seaquest doing both their 4 hour and 5 hour tour. They took use to Captain Cook monument (which was awesome snorkeling - but not sure about the diving). This location is only accessible by hiking or boat/kayak. They also took us to place of refuge (which was also nice but would be my number 2 spot compared to Captain Cook). I also like the secrets spots they showed us on the 5 hour trip as well. I could easily envision the diving being great in Place of Refuge. Also if I had my son with me, I would snorkel the manta dive with him. I got a chance to dive it twice while there (which was AWESOME), and I heard the snorkeling experience was pretty good as well.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom