Good Tank Deal ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed66

Contributor
Reaction score
I came across a guy who is getting out of diving and he wants to sell me 2 steel 120's with din valve's and tank bands for $275 both tanks need hydro and vip or he said $100 per tank and if $75 for the bands.
Is this worthtaking the risk he also has a bag of regs too mostly Posiden any thoughts on the deal????
Tanks Ed

PS I think the tanks are the 3.5 US Divers HP

Ed66:
I came across a guy who is getting out of diving and he wants to sell me 2 steel 120's with din valve's and tank bands for $275 both tanks need hydro and vip or he said $100 per tank and if $75 for the bands.
Is this worthtaking the risk he also has a bag of regs too mostly Posiden any thoughts on the deal????
Tanks Ed

NEVER buy a used tank unless the deal is "subject to passing hydro & VIP".

What is original & latest hydro on tanks, what is last VIP? Any visible rust? Salt water or fresh? Did you remove the boot & look at the bottom?

A steel 120 in good shape is worth $100. The trick is to determine what kind of shape it is in. That's why you take it in for Hydro/VIP.

Ed66:
Tanks Ed

...it's a great deal....IF they pass hydro and visuals as noted..........for comparison, last week I took delivery of a pair of brand spankin' new PST E7-120s @ $ 400 'each' !!! .....is it worth the risk ? ...I can't decide that for you....you can't inspect them yourself and you are trusting the seller that they'll 'pass'.
......I have a number of Poseidon Jetstream regs and really like them....... but they are very expensive to fix if they need serious work......the 2nd stages have some expensive 'guts'...and you have no way of knowing their status until it's too late.

Karl

Back
Top Bottom