"Good value" diving the week before Thanksgiving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueGirlGoes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I'm doing a food story in Belize on the mainland Nov 17-21, thinking about trying to do a travel/dive story the following week if my dive buddy can fly down to meet me, then we'd return to the US on Thanksgiving Thursday or Friday.

Is this a good time? My editors are always looking for luxury, but the buzzword these days is "good value." Any recommendations for dive operators and/or resorts?

TIA, Cyn

I think you need to be more specific if you want any substantive responses.

For an ecoresort that offers good value for your money and that could be a good story for you, try Thatch caye. The visibility for diving everywhere in Belize has been poor lately due to all the runoff from flooding rains recently, but conditions are slowly improving and southern Belize is up and coming and may interest you.

I was at Thatch Caye recently and I can endorse it. Real "eco-friendly" luxury at an affordable price, and absolutely charming. No good for you if you like bopping from bar to bar, but superb if you want to commune with nature.

try Hugh Parkey's Belize Dive Connection. www.belizeadventurelodge.com . you can e-mail them about day trips out of Belize City if that is where you'll be. they also have accomodations at Spanish Lookout Caye. you can also e-mail them about any specials they are running to try and help you stay within your budget.

Back
Top Bottom