Good way to mount a quick deploy sausage/reel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mistressmotorsports

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I picked up a Zeagle quick deploy sausage today to go with my Stiletto. Wondering what the best way to mount it is. I was thinking of using the unused metal clip underrneath the wing (really between the wing and the body of the bc by where it says "Zeagle.) This looks like where the website shows the mount to be, but it's hard to tell for sure. So, is zip tieing the thing there a good option? Seems to be fairly accessible with one hand and definitely doesn't dangle. Can I assume this won't interfere with wing inflation or cause any bad rubbing? Any other suggestions?

Mike

Last edited:
my smb and reel is in a pouch that is attached to my bpw (all from zeagle)

deploy.jpg
kit.jpg

i dont know if you can use it on a Stiletto but its worth asking. out of the way, easy to get to.. i liked it so much i bought one for hubbys rebreather

cheers

I picked up a Zeagle quick deploy sausage today to go with my Stiletto. Wondering what the best way to mount it is. I was thinking of using the unused metal clip underrneath the wing (really between the wing and the body of the bc by where it says "Zeagle.) This looks like where the website shows the mount to be, but it's hard to tell for sure. So, is zip tieing the thing there a good option? Seems to be fairly accessible with one hand and definitely doesn't dangle. Can I assume this won't interfere with wing inflation or cause any bad rubbing? Any other suggestions?

Mike

I had the same question when I got mine. It does go where you described and you can zip tie it there, or you can buy the Zeagle Quick-Link with Strap ($7.95 from SCUBATOYS.com). That's what I did because I wasn't comfortable with the possibility of sharp edges of the zip ties rubbing aganst the bladder. The quick link and strap works great.

Good luck!

:D

Oh, I forgot to tell that I also use the quick deploy sausage on my Stiletto BC.

Thanks all, I wound up putting it between the wing and the body as first suggested and also as done by some of you above. I put the ends of the zip ties between the sausage and the body of the bc, so if there is any rubbing, it won't be on the wing. I'll keep an eye on it to see if any wear marks show up, but I expect everything will be fine. Safe and happy diving all!

Mike

I carry an SMB in a leg pocket and a lift bag in a pocket between me and the backplate.

Instead of zip ties I used 3/8 inch bungie to tie mine onto my Concept II, the pull loop is right where my hand falls to when dropped back there.

Why does one want to "quick deploy" this thing?

Why does one want to "quick deploy" this thing?

If you suface 100 feet in front of a go fast doing 50 kts, an SMB can not only be an effective means of getting the boat driver's attention (assuming that he's even facing in the direction that his boat is speeding), but can also be used as a cushion to help mitigate the blow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom