"Goodenough Springs Exploration Project" news release.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chucknoe

Registered
Reaction score
Del Rio, Texas - August 22, 2004

In what could possibly be one of the deepest submerged caves in the U.S., a team of Texas cave divers successfully explored this high-flow underground conduit to a depth of 393 feet. The all-volunteer team established the "Goodenough Springs Exploration Project" (GSEP) in the year 2000. During the five-year project, divers worked their way through a tight sidemount restriction nearly 200 feet under water before heading even deeper. Project director Chuck Noe, described the cave as "a large passage which continues to lead downward at a very steep angle past 400 feet of depth". Geological evidence and drilling core samples indicate that this cave, near the U.S. / Mexico border, possibly extends as much as 1,000 feet down into the aquifer. The group plans to extend their scientific study and exploration even deeper in the coming year.

I would be interested to know more about your efforts, protocols, and how the team is working.

In short, more information.

Best wishes on a successful endeavor.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
I would be interested to know more about your efforts, protocols, and how the team is working.

In short, more information.

Best wishes on a successful endeavor.

TwoBit

We will be submitting a full project report to the cave agencies very soon. Stay tuned.

And thanks.

Chuck

chucknoe:
We will be submitting a full project report to the cave agencies very soon. Stay tuned.

And thanks.

Chuck

Hi, I would be interested in the science/research side of what you are doing there...if one of the "agencies" you will be reporting to is the nss please let me know. Sounds like quite an effort. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom