For Sale Goodwill ends 2023-03-13 - Multiple AL Fusion (I believe Drycore) skins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-JD-

Eclecticist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
ETA: Hey folks, just to let you know - I'm bidding on the L/XL Bullet. Just sayin' :wink:

No affiliation, just bird-dogging ... Goodwill: Aqualung Fusion

They appear to me to be NOS AL Fusion DRYCORE (my guess - you confirm) series SKINS Only. 2XS/XS, SM/MD. Mostly Bullet versions with a couple Sports. Maybe a great deal if you need a replacement/spare/upgrade ...

Reactions: Zef
You are correct. These are just the outer skin layer of the 2 piece Fusion dry suit, and they are the older velcro attachment type around the main zipper that was used on the DryCore version and the very early (2015/16) version of the AirCore models.

This would be a great deal for someone with a wornout/stretched out skin or someone with a Fusion sport who wants to upgrade their skin to the Fusion Bullet.

Unfortunately these skins are not compatible with the later AirCore suits that Aqualung instituted their "Rapid Zip" system on, otherwise I would be grabbing one of these.

-Z

You are correct. These are just the outer skin layer of the 2 piece Fusion dry suit, and they are the older velcro attachment type around the main zipper that was used on the DryCore version and the very early (2015/16) version of the AirCore models.

This would be a great deal for someone with a wornout/stretched out skin or someone with a Fusion sport who wants to upgrade their skin to the Fusion Bullet.

Unfortunately these skins are not compatible with the later AirCore suits that Aqualung instituted their "Rapid Zip" system on, otherwise I would be grabbing one of these.

-Z
Yea, I was looking VERY carefully at the L/XL. But mine are the AirCores too.

I just realized that I actually got adaptation Velco-Zipper pieces with my used Bullet, that will allow me to use the L/XL DryCore shell with my AirCore. I think I'll go for it ...

Yea, I was looking VERY carefully at the L/XL. But mine are the AirCores too.

I just realized that I actually got adaptation Velco-Zipper pieces with my used Bullet, that will allow me to use the L/XL DryCore shell with my AirCore. I think I'll go for it ...

Nice. I didn't know those existed. Will have to look online for them.

-Z

My Google-Fu is failing me. I can't seem to find anything for the adapters you have. Are there any tags with a product number on them?

-Z

Sorry, no identifying info. Pretty ingenious, though.

It is the the main dry-zip, cover-zipper raw part. The outer face has the "hook" part of the velcro stitched on. The inner face has the four zipper segments matching the ones on the AirCore.

Do you still have connections with your AL rep?
I wouldn't mind another adapter if an order was being placed, and I also need 2 sets of the AirCore version of the suspenders. When I got my used Bullet it had just had the core swapped out and the suspenders were lost in the process (probaly got left in the the MX core).

I hope folks bidding on those understood that it is only the skins. SM/MDs went for about $120 ea. and the LG/XL for $237.

Sorry, no identifying info. Pretty ingenious, though.

It is the the main dry-zip, cover-zipper raw part. The outer face has the "hook" part of the velcro stitched on. The inner face has the four zipper segments matching the ones on the AirCore.

Do you still have connections with your AL rep?
I wouldn't mind another adapter if an order was being placed, and I also need 2 sets of the AirCore version of the suspenders. When I got my used Bullet it had just had the core swapped out and the suspenders were lost in the process (probaly got left in the the MX core).

I have not been in touch wiht my contact at Aqualung for a few years. Let me check if I can find his email address and if so I will send an inquiry about the adapters and suspenders.

I do know that Aqualung prefers for folks to work through their dealer network, but there are few dive shops that I know of in the area we are currently living and the one that I have been to is a Scubapro shop. So we'll see.

-Z

I have not been in touch wiht my contact at Aqualung for a few years. Let me check if I can find his email address and if so I will send an inquiry about the adapters and suspenders.

I do know that Aqualung prefers for folks to work through their dealer network, but there are few dive shops that I know of in the area we are currently living and the one that I have been to is a Scubapro shop. So we'll see.

-Z
I can go through NESS. John tried to order me the suspenders a good while back, but AL wasn't shipping much of anything - pandemic/supply-chain issues.
I can try again. A part number or official name might be helpful. I didn't have luck with Google either ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom