Google Earth Users, Is this the Hilma Hooker?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would be surprised if you could see it from the photo..... unless the viz was stellar that day? Its pretty deep and hard to see sometimes even from the surface right above it?

RL-Have a great trip-your going to love it!
Dont miss Kartpata..or Ol Blue..or... heck,its all good!

Have fun and report back so we can get PBD!

Drew

well...google earth is notorious for having tolerances with coords. Take for instance the grand canyon and see the colorado drift up the wall of the canyon. What the h#ll!

I just say that the boat looking thing at the OP's coords is not the hooker. It could be there, but it would be in teh deeper portion.

Good discussion!!

Well if nothing else it's a cool looking coral/rubble/something formation. I mean it has straight lines too it.

I saved some shots of this and the coast line, and I'm going to see if I can't solve the mystery while on Bonaire! Should be a pretty cool personal challenge too see if I can locate the spot. Maybe I can get my AOW instructor interested in this little "mystery" as well :wink:

Well I'm out ya'll, I have to re-pack for the 12th or 15th time and get the animals to the caregivers, etc. I'll post a trip report shortly after returning.

errr, just enjoy the diving.

pleae go to "Alice in Wonderland" and venture to the second reef!!!!

make sure you are diving nitrox:wink: just fantabulous dive site.

Oil slick is good too.

enjoy the diving!!!!

Back
Top Bottom