GoPro 12 Impressions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
No video because things went pear shaped due to someone pulling the line I was intending to film on. And my attempts to rush the setup resulted in clownshoes.

GP-Log mode is broken was underexposing in daylight, and doesn't allow filming in HDR mode.

HDR has a noticeable increase in dynamic range. Like normally if I attempt to film out of the cave either the cavern zone is way under exposed or the daylight is blown out. You can make out the details of both with HDR mode. I have some idea for possible videos but it is going to take some changes to figure out how to work it.

Also normally my cave lights blow out the image now are just a hot spot. So that will improve cave as that dynamic range increase is still visible without doing the HDR editing.

I hate the new case design, the blue splatter makes it look dirty. I do a double take every time I open the case where I store the camera.

Can you check under timelapse and see if a shutter speed can be set? Not just 1pic/second/etc.
Highly doubtfull, but would be worth upgrading if it does.

Can you check under timelapse and see if a shutter speed can be set? Not just 1pic/second/etc.
Highly doubtfull, but would be worth upgrading if it does.

If you mean interval it can be set from 0.5s to 60m in regular time lapse mode. There is a night mode that has different interval settings.

I took the GP12 to do some HDR test footage yesterday, this isn't anything extreme where I feel it help the best like out from the cavern zone into the daylight. Just some normal footage from my WIP goal of shooting the Gallery. I combined with with the footage from my test last year with the GP11 shooting 10bit color. This isn't a proper side by side comparison, just figured it would be interesting to compare the two.

In these types of videos there is an improvement but it is very small. I have the color graded footage below. The videos are unpublished because it still sucks, and I was flapping my arm like an idiot, almost identically as I did a year ago. :banghead:

Comparison footage

GP12 Test Footage

GP11 Test Footage

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom