gopro 3 black Roatan mar 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caribean-ted

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok, heres my wreck dive using the gopro3 black. with on sola2000 light no filter. More to come later https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsbu8dg9byY :D Let me know your thoughts, it was my first attempt at video so only one light due to tray mix up. glad I did cause the sola2000 is only good for 70mins of burn time before need recharge

Im considering a filter, but heard polar isn't the greatest either. theres lots out there but I will decide when theres a decent one on the market, I need one for green water as well as blue water. I wont spend a fortune as even the expensive ones aren't that great. Your right though, need a filter for sure.

Looks like you're missing a flat lens too. Or is it the resolution on youtube that's messing with the sharpness?

that would be utube, very clear on my computer I want to find the right filter so I only need the lights for night or wreck dives. Too many out there and after looking, not enough difference in most to make me want one.

hmm, the video is blocked :( in my country due to copyrights ( because of music I believe)......
Well, best filter is Urpro ordered from Snakeriver Prototyping: Shop SRP Filters

that would be utube, very clear on my computer I want to find the right filter so I only need the lights for night or wreck dives. Too many out there and after looking, not enough difference in most to make me want one.

You say you want the right filter so you only need the lights for night dives and wrecks ? In my opinion you are over thinking this. You have a $800 Sola 2000 video light. Just spend the $70 and get the SRP/UrPro filter.

Anyone else use them and if so, how good are they, distance etc...

---------- Post added April 11th, 2013 at 07:46 PM ----------

Also Ron, any copy right issues on Vimeo cause utube is a pain in the ass now.

Plenty of videos shot with the various filters. Browse or do a search. They will be easy to find. Seems like at least once a week someone will ask about a filter for their GoPro. There really is nothing more to be said about filters that has not already been discussed in those threads. Happy reading.

Vimeo is not as strict as youtube.

Last edited:
Thanks Ron seems too many filters and lots of advice, but not easy to find the best bang for you buck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom