GoPro 5 Image Stabilizing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefrat

Contributor
Reaction score
About 5 minutes after I bought my Hero 4 Silver they released the 5 with the very feature I had always wanted in a Gopro- image stabilizing! Very frustrating, and as expected my videos are generally well exposed, good color (with filters and lights) and reasonably sharp, but the camera shake drives me insane no matter how much I steady the camera/tray and lights.
So, Gopro 5 owners who have used previous Hero versions- how good is the image stabilizing for you?

Have only owned the 5 but have no issues with camera shake at all. Have it mounted on top of my D200 housing so there is a fair amount of built in stability with something that big. Hiwever have also removed it from the housing mount and no issues. Frankly did not buy a Hero until they introduced image stability - hated the results without.

I recently upgraded from the Hero 4 to the Hero 5 Black. Like you guys, I'm really glad they finally introduced image stabilization. I just got back from St. Croix and Key West where I did several dives on the Vandenberg. I'm MUCH happier with the quality of my video now. I also started using the Fantasea 2500 lumen video light and it makes all the difference! Especially inside the ship.

Glad to hear it is working out for you guys- shaky video was really my only complaint about the 4 silver (apart from battery life!). For some reason they also work surprisingly well with the red filter in place and external lights on- not sure why but this would not have been the case with my earlier Sony handycam/ L&M housing units!

Back
Top Bottom