Latest and greatest GoPro 9,10,11,12 housings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, the Isotta is what the heart wants. But the head likes the Carbonarm (from easydive) in Italy. Kind of less shiny and probably less obvious for someone to pick up. And $€200 cheaper too.

No idea if it is good or bad, but I remembered saeing it when browsing the Mozaic site ...

T-Housing, Alumminum, 250m, $335

They also have some lens & filter option

Looks like a rebranded Carbonarm.

No idea if it is good or bad, but I remembered saeing it when browsing the Mozaic site ...

T-Housing, Alumminum, 250m, $335

They also have some lens & filter option

Looks like a rebranded Carbonarm.
That looks very much like the Carbonarms housing with different color buttons. Easydive puts reseller names on? I wonder who actually makes these housings.

The other month did a trip to Truk with a GoPro 10 on a tray and a couple big blue lights. Was getting pretty good results. Had a Hero 4 before with a couple jungle lights before. The newer camera, multiple generations newer sure helped. And some lights with power behind them added up to a massive upgrade.

But I was having an issue. Below 160 feet the buttons would lock up. The standard GoPro waterproof housing stayed dry down to 200' just fine. I ended up going to time lapse and just take a photo every 2 seconds. If I changed modes to actual photo I would often find myself locked out and would have to bounce shallow to get the camera functional again. Next step, new housing.

I have a Golem for the Hero 4. It has worked just fine, never an issue. I could very well order up one for my 10. But I know times have changed and there are other options out there. What's good (and what to avoid) for deeper stuff. Isotta come up as an option. Thought I saw others as well. Figured it was worth asking about before I just order up another IqSub/Golem.

I have the the Hero 10 and the iQsub/Golem 300m housing. I have taken it to 180m no issue no sticky button etc.. Really like the housing but... the buttons are sooooooooo hard to press. I know they make a 150m version as well I have never seen or tried this one but maybe it has lighter springs in the buttons??? i don't know but I can tell you the 300m version is a mission. Obviously the super stiff springs must be so they function at depth but wow are they stiff.

My friend has the T-House and the buttons are much easier to operate than the iQsub one but the T-housing is significantly larger than the iQsub housing also my friends has quit a bit of corrosion on it.

I went with the GoPro branded $50 option. My only complaint is you don't have access to the onscreen menu.

I went with the GoPro branded $50 option. My only complaint is you don't have access to the onscreen menu.
For most people that is a perfectly good option. It is what I started with on the 10 as an economical choice. And it works perfect, down to about 160'. My problem is below 160' the buttons lock up. If you never go deep, I would recommend the standard GoPro housing. I'm planning more deep dives, I need something that will work correctly down to the 200' mark. But that real GoPro housing still stayed dry to the 200' mark.

I'll also add I had a Hero3 a long time ago. Got a generic housing that looked just like the real GoPro housing. It leaked and killed the Hero3. There is a difference between a real GoPro housing and the knock offs. As a friend who is an electrical engineer stated while looking to see if it could be salvaged, "Cool! You can see where the traces on the circuit board arced over when it shorted out". That camera was done forever. And why I got the IQsub housing when I got the Hero4 so many years ago.

There's a similar one from AOI, slightly less expensive - AOI GoPro HERO 9, 10, 11, 12 Underwater Housing & Monitor UH-GPX
At $1500 and still has a 196' depth limit like the $50 GoPro factory case. Then I start seeing the extras. More control buttons for the menu. Big rear monitor. Internal battery. Suddenly it is more than just a GoPro case. But for that much money it has no better depth rating than what I am playing with now.

A little out of budget. I'm still leaning toward the IQsub. But I do like that there are other options. I remember one claimed (long time ago) no Vignetting(sp) as an advantage. The corners of the pictures dark.

After all that, I am now going to order the IQSub afterall. Several good options. Some more affordable than others. Some with a lot more features. Nothing really stood out as "I have to have that one" over the others. Having had good experience with the IQSub before, why not again. I can't call any of them bad, other than the $20 clone that ate my Hero3. Is it perfect, no, but none of them are.

I will also add I found one more. Doesn't meet my needs. But for a nicer than plastic GoPro case I kinda like it. For someone not wanting to do deep stuff, I would seriously consider this Aluminium Waterproof Housing Case for GoPro Hero 12 / Hero 11 / Hero 10 / Hero 9

That looks very much like the Carbonarms housing with different color buttons. Easydive puts reseller names on? I wonder who actually makes these housings.
I have it (T Housing), it's been great. I like you can get spares easily and not gouged price wise as well.

Only thing I would do different is that I got before the digipower version was out. Given when I need the depth my run times are long, power use is an issue with the gopro and would like the option of having 3 hrs versus 45mins or so of recording. That applies to ALL of these deep housings, if they don't allow more battery than a standard GoPro battery alone, you are not recording much of the dive

Here is the version I would recommend. T Housing for GoPro with Digipower

Here is info on the digipower, only $59 Digipower for GoPro 9,10,11,12

All of that said, if anyone wants to buy my non digipower T Housing, I could use the cash towards a Digipower housing..hit me up.. LOL

Back
Top Bottom