Gopro 6 setup questions! Please help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rachpreach

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I am going to purchase a gopro 6 for my dive trip in april to Roatan. I will be using a monopod as my mount. I have a few questions:

-I want a small light to attach to the gopro, I was thinking of the Krog Qudos light or the Sidekick Duo. I like how the Side kick has the arm that can extend the light above the gopro, I just dont know if the Qudos has that option. Does anyone know?

-I also want a macro lens and red filter combo. Backscatter.com has one but its crazy expensive. Does anyone know of a less expensive option?

I would love to see how everyone else has their gopro setups done. Thanks in advance.

When I used a GoPro, I had them on a Sea Life tray with additional flex arms and 2 2500 lumen Sea Dragon lights, one on each side. I also had a red filter and macro flip option from Switchblade. Get as much light as you can afford because it gets dark quickly at depth and light falls off much sooner at distance than you think.

Some folks will tell you not to use the red filter and lights at the same time and in some instances, I have and it worked well. Think deeper, darker, and when shooting something at a distance. Most of the time, I did not use both. One or the other.

All of the UW photos prior to October 2017 at www.instagram.com/outofofficebrb used this GoPro setup as an example. The October 2017 pictures and newer are not using a GoPro.

I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom