Gopro Blurfix 55mm adapter Macro lens/filters questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting stuff there, does the macro lenses effect distant focus at all? or does this just zoom in the image without effecting the focus in any way...

Diopters will make the image a little larger, but they are mainly used for changing focus distance. More useful when shooting with a camcorder with zoom. Without the diopter, most camcorders need around 36 inches to fully zoom. A +4 diopter will let the camcorder fully zoom from around 10 inches.

I have been looking at the Go Pro with interest however the fact that they are fixed focus and don't really get anything sharp at less than one foot has put me off so far
I have a Sanyo HD2000 with Epoque housing that I got from mix of ebay and ex display it did cost more than a go pro but the macro I can take (within reason of me shaking) is just great and with a wide angle I get around 80 degrees.
This thread confirms that I need to wait for some slightly different type of equipment to come to the market however as now most compact camera shoot 1080p it looks like the market for compact video is dead and the next step is only a DSLR or a 4/3 camera (which have issues focussing close)

Hi there

I'm just started to get intrested in your solution for macro video with the GoPro. I will go on holday to Egypt in september and wanted to take some videos, even some macros.
Do you have some video materials now, that shows us how your solution perform?

Sorry for english. I'm a native German speaker and didn't use my english as often as I'm supposed to.

I have a Sanyo HD2000 with Epoque housing that I got from mix of ebay and ex display it did cost more than a go pro but the macro I can take (within reason of me shaking) is just great and with a wide angle I get around 80 degrees.

I have the Sanyo FH1 for topside shooting. Basically same camera as the HD2000, but in a horizontal format. It works great and has a macro focus option which I can see you used. Nice videos. The little Sanyo works great.

Be careful with the Epoque housing. A lot of reports about the critical placement of the O-ring. Apparently it is easy for the O-ring to get slightly out of place and cause a flood if you are not careful setting it up.

Hi emraclo,

I am taking my GoPro to Belize with the CY filter tomorrow - here's hoping it performs as indicated!

Quick question - wanted to duplicate your camera rig - do you have some dimensions/plans you might be able to send along. Figured I would cram in a last minute project before we board tomorrow morning at 630am :)

Thanks!​

Hi ronscuba and thanks for the compliments, there are reports of flooding on the epoque housing, basically there are two version of this housing
The first release lacks a ring in front of the camera port, the camera ends up moving and the housing floods. SAD story
Epoque then changed the internal parts now there is no flooding however you need to modify some of the rubber parts inside otherwise some controls just dont' work

Other than that is great...!

I have the Sanyo FH1 for topside shooting. Basically same camera as the HD2000, but in a horizontal format. It works great and has a macro focus option which I can see you used. Nice videos. The little Sanyo works great.

Be careful with the Epoque housing. A lot of reports about the critical placement of the O-ring. Apparently it is easy for the O-ring to get slightly out of place and cause a flood if you are not careful setting it up.

what is the distance to the object if i'm using a +1, +2, +4 macro filter(with blurfix naked) in diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom