Gopro flat lens housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcarter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just ordered one directly from Gopro, back in stock. Canadian distributors still show it as backordered.

Hopefully it will arive before my Cuba trip!

:D

Last edited:
I ordered one from BHP, they had it in stock and free shipping.

"Due to export regulations and/or manufacturers restrictions, we
are unable to accept orders with a shipping address in CANADA for the following
item(s):

• GoPro Dive Housing For HD HERO Cameras
please remove restricted item(s) from your cart to calculate
shipping."

They don't like oiker players

Ordered one a couple weeks back thru BHP and it arrived in a couple days. I used it earlier this week in Xcalak and it worked well. A couple of notes:
1) I am going to get a add on color correction lens
2) Want a bicycle mount so I can strap it to a short pole for poking into holes for close ops with Moray's or a boat pole for close ups with the Crocodile’s
3) Although the mount is specifically for under water it has the same standard latch as all other Gopro housings. At depth the outside pressure compresses the seal and the latch is very loose. It can easily pop open, not a problem at depth as the pressure holds the door shut but if not re-latched prior to surfacing you can flood the housing. In the future I will need to rig a rubber band or stretch material around the housing to provide a positive pressure on the latch, which is not easy with the new larger lens assembly.

3) Although the mount is specifically for under water it has the same standard latch as all other Gopro housings. At depth the outside pressure compresses the seal and the latch is very loose. It can easily pop open, not a problem at depth as the pressure holds the door shut but if not re-latched prior to surfacing you can flood the housing. In the future I will need to rig a rubber band or stretch material around the housing to provide a positive pressure on the latch, which is not easy with the new larger lens assembly.

Not hard, a rubber band works fine and goes around the buttons without interfering with anything.

1) I am going to get a add on color correction lens
I just received my Backscatter color correction lens, now to go find some water to test it in.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344456968.324018.jpg

My case came today, just as I was getting ready to leave for a wet Wednesday dive - perfoect timing! Did the Galop Canal drift, ending up on the Conestoga. A lot of "stuff" in the water, but can definitely see the difference from the last time I did that dive.

Happy camper!

I'm a video editing newbie, but like digital photography you can correct color balance in the video clips themselves and once you get one clip corrected, you can copy/paste to the other clips with similar lighting.

I actually prefer that to a red filter as with the filter, when you actually have adequate light on the dive, you end up with a whole lot of red you have to remove.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom