GoPro Helmet Mounts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMDavid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
While I normally keep my GoPro mounted on a tray with lights I have found that on occasion
I like to go hands free while diving in semi-hostile environments.
So with that said, I have put together my very own GoPro (TNVC) helmet with my GP Hero 2
mounted facing forward and GP Hero 960 mounted facing backwards.
The plan is to get the NEW GoPro Hero 3 and mount it on the front and move my Hero 2 to the back.

Does anyone have a similar setup or suggestions for making this a better rig?

Show me your helmet mounted GoPro if you will.

8103735647_1d1f447935_d.jpg 8103748650_1394fb4921_d.jpg

In before: The bubbles will obscure the video, you won't be able to see what you're recording.

Attachments

• 8103745214_288eb412d2_d.jpg
    8103745214_288eb412d2_d.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,286
The GoPro rep just was at our store this morning showing us the Hero3 black edition and boy is it cool. They raised the price to $399 for the kit but you do not have to buy the GoPro dive housing any more it comes out of the box ready to dive… You also no longer have to buy the Wi-Fi attachment or remote. So at the end of the day it is actually cheaper then that complete setup of the hero2.

Joe

Nice I always though of doing that at some point, you may want to try the extension mounts on the front camera to extend the camera out ahead of the bubbles.

Not only as they will be very annoying in the video but using a wet filter they will be quite likely to get air trapped between the filter and lens so you want to avoid too many bubbles hitting the filter. As you wont see it you may still want to flip the filter and give the lens a quick wipe with your hand every so often to make sure you dont have a pesky bubble in the frame for the entire dive.

The reverse angle will be interesting to as I haven't seen any underwater video that way yet, I did have a tank mount once on a dive but someone kicked it on the descent and screwed my angle and all I got was a close up of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom