Gopro Hero 3+ lcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Puffling

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I decided to treat myself to a gopro hero 3+ for our trip to the Red Sea at the end of the month.

however the housing sold isn't capable of taking an LCD screen, no problem I thought ill just buy the dive housing as it's prob more sturdy anyways and the backscatter filters will fit on this, and I as sure I'd read about people using this. HERO3 Replacement Housing | GoPro Accessories |

i contacted gopro to ask about this and was advised that the wording is misleading and this response

"Unfortunately that will not work with the new Hero 3+ housings. The title is slightly misleading. I am sorry for the inconvenience."

so firstly I wanted to warn people who were thinking the same and secondly I wondered if anyone else had any solution other than to wait for gopro to release all the accessories you would have thought they would have released at launch :/

Uh oh, that sucks.

Does the housing that comes with the Hero 3+ at least dive up to 40m / 130ft depth or have they been misleading with that, too ?

No the standard housing does go down to 40m, however they haven't developed a back door that will fit the LCD screen which in my opinion is a must.

feels a bit like they have introduced something quickly without making sure they have all the accessories available for it.

It's odd that the additional 60m dive housing doesn't take the LCD but there we go.

---------- Post added October 7th, 2013 at 07:17 PM ----------

Also I'm assuming that if they don't yet do a back door to fit the LCD then they don't yet do one to fit the battery pack

I think I do not understand the problem. I bought an gopro 3 black and also bought the lcd touch back, and it came with a larger back door that worked fine to all the depths I went last week, (130+/-)

I believe they do have all the accessories, you are just looking at the wrong one. Did you actually purchase the LCD Bacpac? As SailNaked pointed out, the Bacpacs (Battery or LCD) will have additional doors in the packaging to accommodate the extra thickness that they give the camera. The housing you posted a link to is only for the camera itself without any Bacpacs attached. It doesn't provide room for attachments, just a thicker case to protect the camera at greater depths. Even with the original housing you must use the doors that come with whichever Bacpac you bought and are planning to use.

Correct if you buy a gopro 3, however for the new 3 plus there is no back door, as per gopro

The extended backdoor that the LCD Touch BacPac comes with unfortunately does not fit onto the new Hero 3+ housings. The LCD Touch BacPac is fully capable of working with the new camera. But we are currently working on an extended backdoor to sell for the new housing.

Correct if you buy a gopro 3, however for the new 3 plus there is no back door, as per gopro

The extended backdoor that the LCD Touch BacPac comes with unfortunately does not fit onto the new Hero 3+ housings. The LCD Touch BacPac is fully capable of working with the new camera. But we are currently working on an extended backdoor to sell for the new housing.
If you buy and use the Hero 3 non + dive housing, the LCD backpak and the included doors will work. Just get your self the older, better sturdy dive housing.

Can you link me to it as that's what I thought I had asked them when they said it wouldn't work?

---------- Post added October 7th, 2013 at 10:31 PM ----------

This is the one I asked them about

HERO3 Replacement Housing | GoPro Accessories |

That sure looks like it to me. Its cheaper here though: Amazon.com: GoPro HERO3 Skeleton Housing: Camera & Photo

Now when you buy the LCD bacpac, it comes with additional replacement doors that attach to replace the door that housing: Amazon.com: GoPro Battery BacPac for HERO3 Cameras: Camera & Photo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom