Question gopro hero 3 and back screen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mario007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
is there a way on gopro hero 3 with screen pack to turn off the screen to save the battery and the automatically to come back on when i start recording again?

I have a back screen but never used it UW for more than 3-4 years that I used the H3B. Just leave it at home. In fact I recommmend you keep the H3B only for tripod mounted scenes and get a stablized camera like H9-10-11 instead…

Hero 9,10 or 11 are chalk and cheese compared to a H3. I wouldn't bother with a H3 these days.

I have a back screen but never used it UW for more than 3-4 years that I used the H3B. Just leave it at home. In fact I recommmend you keep the H3B only for tripod mounted scenes and get a stablized camera like H9-10-11 instead…

I wouldn't use the H3B for anything if you have anything newer. There is more to newer GoPros than just increased resolution and stabilization. Even before GoPro brought out 10bit color with the 11 and HDR with the 12, they greatly increased the dynamic range over the gears. Any recent GoPro will be night and day better.

I actually went to look back at some of my content from the H3B, I can't believe that is from the same company.

Have to agree with the above. Although the video in my signature was filmed on a Hero 3, it was bloody hard work. So much easier these days with EIS, better battery life and reliability, and improved low light performance.

Back
Top Bottom