GoPro Hero 6 Settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Black Cat

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be diving in the Turks and Caicos in a few weeks and I'm looking for suggestions as far as settings on my GoPro for optimal picture quality. I've got a tray, 2 Sola 2500 lights, and red filters. What do you guys recommend for dialing in the settings on the camera as far as Pro Tune etc.? I'm a noob when it comes to the technical stuff like white balance, ISO and such.

I'll be diving in the Turks and Caicos in a few weeks and I'm looking for suggestions as far as settings on my GoPro for optimal picture quality. I've got a tray, 2 Sola 2500 lights, and red filters. What do you guys recommend for dialing in the settings on the camera as far as Pro Tune etc.? I'm a noob when it comes to the technical stuff like white balance, ISO and such.

I have a 5 and a similar setup as yours..(2) sola 3500 and backscatter read filters. I leave all the settings in factory and haven't adjusted pro-tune, white balance etc. The only adjustment I have made is to shoot in med or narrow depending on if I am doing macro. Maybe I am missing something by not doing some adjustments but what I have done looked pretty good.

I think video light is the key of having a good color in the video. I don’t use red filter anymore. I just use good light with tons of lumens (5000 lumens in my case).

Below videos are from my Hero3 Black with Weefine Solar Flare 5000. I just got Hero6 Black. I like to see the difference between the two GoPros with the same video light.

10313524-74CC-46F5-B729-EF60616C384C.jpeg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom