GoPro HERO11?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheQuintessentialMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What is the consensus on HERO11? My HERO3 flooded due to a Walmart [not so] waterproof case (front port popped out, found it on land by my gear on the grass after the dive). I have a chance to get a HERO11 with points from a health program at work. I've read a few comments about the 10 over heating, Any major problems or concerns with the HERO11?

I just got a DJI Action 3. So far, I like it.

The consensus of the reviews is it's a slightly cheaper, much easier to use camera than the GP 11 but you lose a slight edge in image quality (as if that matters at the level I am shooting). DJI just released a 10 bit color upgrade that also addresses some soft focus issues, maybe closing the gap in quality.

Go Pros have a tendency to overheat and shut down because the processor is overworked but the DJI is rock solid according to reviews.

I will take reliability and ease of use.

Well, the option is GoPro 9, 10, or 11 or something else not SCUBA related. Even then I have to purchase the scuba housing separately. (It's a health points program at work through the insurance and choices are very limited; kind of funny, I remember when insurance charged extra for diving as risky or dangerous activity.) I've read reviews about the 10 overheating, and other issues. Just wondering how many divers have experienced problems bottom o top side. I recently purchased a TG-6, just before Walmart flooded my HERO3. There is a possibility the Walmart vendor may get back to me and warranty it's only been six months since I contacted them [<sarcasm emogy>]. I'm a little skeptical on the overheating claims. If these are overheating underwater then they would be almost unusable on land.

i love my hero 11. it makes me look like a much better videographer than I am.

That may be one of the best testimonials I've ever read. Seems like every time I get a better piece of equipment it just enhances my flaws. :)

I pulled the trigger this morning. Hopefully arrives in time for the polar bear dive...
you're diving with polar bears? dude, that's hardcore. I thought tiger beach was intense...

That may be one of the best testimonials I've ever read. Seems like every time I get a better piece of equipment it just enhances my flaws. :)

I pulled the trigger this morning. Hopefully arrives in time for the polar bear dive...
Scuba Ranch?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom