GoPro saved my dive trip in Palau!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soundfield

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I traveled 10,000 miles on the biggest dive trip of my life aboard the Palau Siren; hauled my Sony underwater video cameras, Equinox housing and lights aboard only to find that I didn’t have the chargers for my Sony cameras. I went into a panic and fell into the fetal position on the cabin floor in complete disbelief of my dire situation. My only other option was to use my GoPro Hero3 with my lights from my other cameras. I was limited to a degree, especially with the close up stuff and also had some stability issues. I didn’t have high expectations for the GopPro, but when I returned home and began the editing process, I have to say that I am very impressed with these small easy to use, point and shoot cameras and what they can do in the hands of someone that can compose a shot and use light properly. The Hero3 saved my dive trip and I will never go on another dive trip without one. Thank you GoPro! Here is the video I composed from the GoPro footage I shot on that trip.

Beautiful scenes and fantastic camera work. Well done!

What are you using for video lights?

Amazing marine life, healthy corals. Great cameraman work! Nice closeup videos. Had to admit GoPro sucks in low light and telephoto distances...

Your light positioning must be really good to get that much coverage out of a single, low-output video light. I just ordered a pair of Big Blue Black Molly 3's (AL2600XWP). I am looking forward to testing them out on our next trip to Roatan a few weeks from now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom