GoPro video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GlennL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a go pro mounted on a tray with a big blue 1200xwp. First time using my camera I had very green video. It was suggested that I use a red filter. So I got a filter and on my last dive the bottom of my videos tended to red out, if that makes sense. Can you guys please give me some tips???
Also I'm not looking for the "go buy a real camera" answer. Heard that before. Just the best way to make what I have produce nice video.

Hi GlennL,

I'm far from an underwater video expert but have been using a GoPro for a couple of years with reasonable results (check Bert van den Berg on YouTube.com).

I bought an expensive filter and the results were the same as what you described. Then bought some cheap filters and found one (slightly orange colored) that works pretty good.

I use one of these. I find that if I am shooting in ambient light, at depth, it works very well, however if I am close enough that my video lights come into play, then the red that is "added" by the lights plus the red from the filter gives everything a very strange otherworldly red look that is almost impossible (for me) to correct. After a couple days, I just left my video lights in the hotel room. This of course meant that I had to rely on having adequate ambient light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom