Got a job offer in Key West.. what to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KW is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to actually LIVE there...maybe a few islands up since you're going to be at the NAS. I had a buddy that lived there for a few year (stationed) and he said it had it's moments...cumulatively, I've probably only spent about two months there, and I've made my mind up that I would never live there, but up above Big Pine, yeah possibly, I love Marathon and Islamorada more. I've eaten some of the best meals in my life down in the Keys, that will never change!

It seems that ever since MTV had their thing there it got way out of hand, with the over the top tourists...they used to pretty much stay close to the bottom of Duval in the "tchochkie" shops, but now they seem to get all over...

Mayberry on acid? good description, except Floyd the Barber is a DRAG QUEEN!

KW is the only place in the world where you'll find press on nails in the urinials!

You only live once - but if you live right, once is enough...

I may do it, for a few years anyway. I dont think I would LIVE in key west but back up towards marathon area.

The kids are grown and out on their own, got a steady girl friend of 12 years and at 47 I dont have too many years left of trying to be a kid. Love to dive, love the water ( Ex Navy Guy) If it comes threw I may have to jump on it.

I trying to decied what to do, I got a job offer in Key West ( naval air staion ) and I went over the books, I can afford to do it but does they keys get boring after a few months??
You'll be bored to death... don't do it...

By the way... do you happen to have the name and number of the hiring manager at that job you shouldn't take...?

Who sais it is warm year round. Today I had to suffer in 75 degree water, and I didn't even have my dry suit:D.

Safe (and warm) dives
trtldvr
Florida Keys Safe Diving Initiative
:rofl3:
Tell me about it. Everyone up North thinks it doesn't get cold in S. Florida. There were several times this past winter when it got so cold I had to close all the windows to my home.

:rofl3: ur killing me!

Nova... it's a no brainer. Yeah, a couple of guys knock Key West on this thread. Matts over there in Ft. Myers, FL and Thal in HAWAII! If I could live in FT. Myers with the opportunity to go to Key West regularly that would be outstanding. And let me see, Key West or Hawaii? Probably Hawaii every time.

Let's see your 47 years old, single, no kids living with you..and you like living a bit of adolescent lifestyle. Nova, Key West exists for guys in your situation. Marathon is really nice, but realize it's a one hour drive from Key West. Man, you will regret passing up a chance to live in Key West. If you get tired of it in a few years...this is the United States, you can always move!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom