Got a New job in the unit yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.:
Hehehehe Those are so much fun.

Don't buy a Rescue Alive without getting with our team. One of our Lt.'s is a dealer so you might get a super price. We don't because we can't buy from him. They call it a conflict of interest.

I don't know how many we have around the county right now but at the last real callout 3 were on scene that I didn't even know were out there.

They also make good dive platforms.

Now, just don't burn them out. :D

Gary D.

Thanks for the tip Gary! I will let our team leader know. Who should he get in contact with? send me a PM! Oh one other thing, whats the latest scopp on the SS? if you dont get one soon I am gonna come and take your boat untill you do :D

Greg D.:
Thanks for the tip Gary! I will let our team leader know. Who should he get in contact with? send me a PM! Oh one other thing, whats the latest scopp on the SS? if you dont get one soon I am gonna come and take your boat untill you do :D
Check your e-mail and I'm low on Hefy. :D

Gary D.

When you guys are doing ice rescue diving... do you use regular masks or full face ones? Just curious as I'm sure the regular mask is REALLY cold!

mike_s:
When you guys are doing ice rescue diving... do you use regular masks or full face ones? Just curious as I'm sure the regular mask is REALLY cold!

Well we all dive cressi or AGA full face masks anyway but I have done it both ways and the full face is WAY better!

mike_s:
Either way. The FF is a bit warmer but the regular mask isn't bad at all.

One of the biggest problems we have is overheating which can be just as big a problem as getting cold. There has to be a good mix between thermal gear and activity.

Gary D.

Hey Gary, Leo here. I don't post here often, but I read pretty frequently. We train bi-monthly for 3-5 hours. Lucky for us, we have several high school swim teams who comptete and train through the winter so we've got pools open year round for training. In Ga. we luckily don't get ice on Lake Allatoona. Even though, we play in dry suits and AGA's.

Back
Top Bottom