Got all my basic gear!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea those fourth element boots are great! My feet always get super cold so these keep them nice and warm.

Dan's uses bp/w right from the start, and the second reg hose is like 7 feet

Dan's uses bp/w right from the start, and the second reg hose is like 7 feet

Second hose? I haven't used long hose configuration but I thought the primary second stage was the long hose. The secondary second stage would be on a necklace around your neck. If someone needed to use your air supply you'd give them your primary and switch to the secondary under your chin.

Okay, one of the two were 7 feet and tucked away into the pocket, this was on one of the setups in the shop they were showing me when I wanted to see some of the cool stuff they had around.

Okay, one of the two were 7 feet and tucked away into the pocket, this was on one of the setups in the shop they were showing me when I wanted to see some of the cool stuff they had around.

Ah, I take it you aren't certified yet then. I was assuming you were already certified OW. :)

Nope, just counting down the days and reading everything I can

I love this. It always puts a smile on my face when someone is all "counting down the days". Been there. Done that. :)

It does remind me of the best advice I ever got when learning to scuba dive. Not directly related to how you feel right now but when you are actually getting ready... "It is not a race, take your time." You might put pressure on yourself to rush because you don't want to keep everyone waiting. Don't rush. If you rush you'll make mistakes and it will take you longer. Take your time and you'll actually be faster.

and when you think you are going slow....slow down even more. Then go even slower.

Back
Top Bottom