Got me a new dive buddy today!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sparticle....He is 16. We are definitely going to take it slow and easy. I plan to spend the next few months working on our skills and educating ourselves. I really appreciate the great advice. Dive safe:wink:

SparticleBrane, I think the kids Instructor was confident that he possesses the skill needed for the Cert. Also I might be missing something here. Was the dad a new diver also? I don't think so by this statement. We did out first dive together after he finished the last required OW dive. That to me says dad the diver waited for his son to be finished with the required dives so they could dive there 1st time together. Also under logged dives it says 25 to 49. Which your right isn't tons of experience. But a father will not push things when his son is in tow.

Anyway, Congrats Joshua and Grumpymedic in finding the most wonderful sport a father and son can enjoy and be shared together.

Congrats!! My 4 year old and I are "buddying up" for Halloween (made him a set of doubles out of 2-litre bottles spray painted grey, a black sweat suit, painted soap box "weights" and a 1/2" pvc "manifold" - still working on the regt and guages). Hopefully he'll stay interested in "Dad's weekend morning" and we will buddy up for real some day!

Congrats again!!

LOL, Please post some pics of the 2 of you when you have this complete. That sounds too cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom