Got My Cold Water Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVMike

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Wrecking Crew,

Thanks for all the help and advice. I got my cold water regs and am gearing up for some wreck diving.

It was narrowed down to Apek and ScubaPro. I ended up with Scubapro MK25 and G250HP. Still need to get the R190 octo.

I found it at a dive shop having a clearance sale and got the regs with full warrenty at better than Liesure Pro prices. So that was the decision maker.

Take care all, and fun diving

mike

WVMike:
Hey Wrecking Crew,

Thanks for all the help and advice. I got my cold water regs and am gearing up for some wreck diving.

It was narrowed down to Apek and ScubaPro. I ended up with Scubapro MK25 and G250HP. Still need to get the R190 octo.

I found it at a dive shop having a clearance sale and got the regs with full warrenty at better than Liesure Pro prices. So that was the decision maker.

Take care all, and fun diving

mike

You got the Regs and we have the wrecks come on up and dive with us now. Something about getting new dive gear that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Congrats Mike. Sounds like you are all set! Time to find some wrecks - when are you coming back up our way?

Paula

gtxl1200:
You got the Regs and we have the wrecks come on up and dive with us now. Something about getting new dive gear that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Thanks for the invite, am planning on it.

A few thoughts on that warm and fuzzy feeling.

It can be adicting, now I am on the search for BP and Wings.

And, it does not transfer to the wife, she is threatening to take my credit card again.

Hope to see ya soon

diver_paula:
Congrats Mike. Sounds like you are all set! Time to find some wrecks - when are you coming back up our way?

Paula

Hi Paula,

I am hoping for the end of May. Sights set on Lake Huron. Waiting for my buddy to decide, but will probabaly do it with out him.

Mike

WVMike:
Hi Paula,

I am hoping for the end of May. Sights set on Lake Huron. Waiting for my buddy to decide, but will probabaly do it with out him.

Mike

Congradulations are in order. Glad to see you invested in some great dive gear mike.

Since you are into a buying sprie, & since you lovely wife won't alow you to buy more gear for yourself, ask her if it is okay if you can buy a back flotation bc for your buddy "ME".
ilmao....... Just kiding you know...

Mike, i'm still looking forward to Lake Huron.. "Do it without me" you say..... what kind of dive buddy did i get connected up with.. [ laughing out loud]

I will be in touch.

Mike,

It would be hard to go wrong with those two brands as your final choices.

You will be very pleased with the ones you chose.
I love my Scubapros and have had zero problems with them.

I hope you (and Garfish) can make it up here at the end of May!

Garfish,

So sorry, it must have been the nitrogen talking. :06:

Mike

Garfish:
Mike, i'm still looking forward to Lake Huron.. "Do it without me" you say..... what kind of dive buddy did i get connected up with.. [ laughing out loud]

I will be in touch.

WVMike:

To me that sounds like a doggone good reason to go with the SP regs.

My brother recently bought a used MK2, with an R-190 as the primary....it breahts great...and cold...and deep (we tested it Sunday at Gilboa...again)

-T

Back
Top Bottom