got my wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sciondiver518

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
well i got my wetsuit today and boy ill tell you what neoprene is an odd material to be in, i had to end up getting a 1mm evo elite, thats the only suit that would fit me at the dive shop where im going to class and i dont want to step on any feet by getting it some where else, i was suprized to find one to fit me im 5'11" and 270lbs

:angrymob:
A guy from Florida bragging about a 1mm wetsuit is cruel on an Internet forum. The seas are sloppy, winds are high, and the water temperature is about 47° F here in the land of two-piece 7mm wetsuits and drysuits.

Seriously, you might consider a custom wetsuit. A wetsuit that is too tight around the chest, diaphragm or neck can cause respiratory distress and induce panic. If you were actually in a place where you needed a wetsuit to keep warm, customs also do a much better job at that too. :wink:

I am 5'6/160 Lbs and have had to wear custom wetsuits most of my life.

yea most of my problems with them were around the stomach area, then when i went to the elite series it got much strechier (is that even a word?) and then it wouldent fit around my shoulders that was the 3mm then i went to the 1mm and that fit me great not too tight any where the only thing is they are designed for some one who is like 6' so its a little bunched up around my ankles but nothing i cant live, if i need to im going to layer it with a dive skin, but after i get into the sport more ill prbably have a custome one made i have no idea what a 2 piece 7mm wet suit would feel like or what 47 degree water is like but i feel for ya so here yea go :giveusahug:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom