got shafted**help**!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fuzzmutton:
This may seem unrelated BUT my mother had a problem with a refrigerator she bought. The condenser or motor was bad and even though they sent a (inept) repair person out it kept failing. Three times it went bad, and that's serious because your food can spoil and give you food poisoning. My mother wanted the fridge replaced. They wouldn't budge on the issue.

This is what she did. She called them up and told them she was hauling the fridge out to the edge of her driveway. Her property. Then she was hanging a sign on it saying where she bought it and that it was brand new and would not work. She was fortunate in that a lot of traffic for the local factory (Cummins engines) passed down her street on their way to work.

They replaced her fridge.:D

As long as you are only stating the facts and are not resorting to libel (lies to hurt their business) and the boat is on private property, there is nothing they can do.

Yes if they don't remedy the problem i will do the same THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jphdiver:
I think you should try telling your dealer, or maybe a different dealer, the symptoms in great detail. The fact that the engine runs fine until you shut it off and then refuses to start or run at all makes it sound like an electrical problem. Often when an engine is shut down and the heat "sinks" into it, it can affect the electronics. Try letting the engine cool entirely, like overnight, and then try to start it. It if starts after that, it's almost sure to be an electrical problem. Water in the gas would not normally allow the engine to run fine but not restart.

JPH

I do wait till the next day to start it... to no avail... overnite still nada>>>...
I am sending it over again today...lets see what the news will be this time...

If same same i will do what others suggested and go to another dealership w/no additional info to see what they say...

on man....sorry to read about your troubles....a real bummer. Hope it works out someway soon and you get to enjoy your boat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom