gotta stop hanging out with lawyers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raxafarian

Contributor
Reaction score
You start hanging out with lawyers (northeastwrecks), and you never know what might happen. Had Jury Duty today. The case: murder trial. Got excused after being interviewed by both sides. One of them asked what I do in my spare time. I said "scubadiving", of course. Before I left, the judge asked if I ever dove the u-boat (he actually said it in german, but I knew what he was asking) :)

I'll remember that when we're 90 feet down in the hold of the Idene.

I don't enjoy jury duty, but a murder trial might have been interesting (compared to the patent infringement trials I handle, its definately interesting).

By the way...don't you think they should make a TV series focusing on patent and tax attorneys? :D

Taxshark once bubbled...
By the way...don't you think they should make a TV series focusing on patent and tax attorneys? :D

OH Yeah!!!! They could call it "J.D." and get George Clooney to play an iconoclastic, abrasive estate planner who fights for his right to set up Channel Islands trusts and who argues with his clients and the IRS.

The other lead could be a patent attorney who specializes in obscure technical fields and who travels to exotic locations like the Patent and Trademark Office in Virginia.

The nemesis could be the evil patent examiner.

I'd suggest that they run it right after the Anna Nicole show. I'm sure that the target audience is the same. Besides, running it at 11:00 p.m. would help cure insomnia.

What do you think?

King Kong Matt once bubbled...
I think you best back the truck up and think again about knocking the Anna Nicole show...

I live for that stuff :wink:

Where did I knock it. I merely suggested a programming choice.

As I recall, you're starting law school. That fact that you enjoy Anna Nichole and legal stuff proves my point.

raxafarian once bubbled...
You start hanging out with lawyers (northeastwrecks), and you never know what might happen. Had Jury Duty today. The case: murder trial. Got excused after being interviewed by both sides. One of them asked what I do in my spare time. I said "scubadiving", of course. Before I left, the judge asked if I ever dove the u-boat (he actually said it in german, but I knew what he was asking) :)

Haben ihr SCUBAdiven(?) wo ist der U-Boat in der grossen see?

My Deutch is very bad but I suspect it went something like that - no?

shellbird once bubbled...

Haben ihr SCUBAdiven(?) wo ist der U-Boat in der grossen see?

My Deutch is very bad but I suspect it went something like that - no?

Woah... that's bad german!

I'd think it'd go something like:

Haben sie uberhaupt tauchten das U-boot?

[Don't forget submarine in german is unterseeboot, which is where U-Boat comes from :)]

Spectre once bubbled...

Woah... that's bad german!

I'd think it'd go something like:

Haben sie uberhaupt tauchten das U-boot?

[Don't forget submarine in german is unterseeboot, which is where U-Boat comes from :)]

actually he said "unterseeboot acht fünf drei " or something like that... just enough that I knew what he was aking me...

Back
Top Bottom