GPS Numbers for Va Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgarysmith

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anybody know a good place to get the wrecks offshore of Va Beach GPS numbers. We are planning on are taking out our own boat and want to get another good source for numbers.

You might try W.T. Brownley Company in Norfolk, http://www.brownley-nautical.com. They sell nautical charts among other things. Basically, any substantial fishing shop should have charts that show the wrecks with their lat-longs and Loran-C locations.

Here ya go! I haven't tested any of these, but I ran accross it a while back on the Virginia Angler website and kept the coordinates for their noted sites (#60 or so upwards) that were wrecks. They posted it for fishermen, but it's the same sites!

Attachments

• wrecks, fishing holes, etc.doc
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,237
Try Gary Gentiles book - Shipwrecks of Virginia if you need Loran #. most are accurate

gpsdatabase

I haven't checked them all so I don't know how accurate they are. Be carefull some people use their GPS to convert loran # to GPS # Which may get you close but not good enough if it's a small wreck.

Check VRMC in Newport News they also have a list.

Sportman's Wreck Manual - Van Stricker 1304 White Marlin Lane Va Beach

Looking around or looking to kill something?

Which are you interested in? I can probably tell you if it's worth looking for.

Back
Top Bottom