grand bahama booked!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glimmerel

Registered
Reaction score
I got a last minute trip and can't wait to dive (last trip was 8 months ago to cozumel)! I've reserved with Grand Bahama Scuba, one of three DO's in operation according to them. Has anyone heard anything negative about them? The posts on this site appear pretty favorable. When asked out the dive sites fared, GBS mentioned that some moved. Always a diving adventure.

Although we'll dive for a couple of days, we are thinking of doing something else saturday. Any must do trips/sites? Does anyone have suggestions on good (cheap!) food? We're staying in Lucaya and would like to mix up high and low end places to go. Will anyone be there 11/10-11/14?

Thanks in advance for any info you may have.

I'm sure you'll enjoy diving with GBS. They go out of their way to make your dives enjoyable. My wife and I usually dive with them for 2 weeks each year, But Frances took the roof off of our resort!! so no Bahamian Vacation for us this year. :11:

Wish I was going!! I'd love to see what Frances and Jeanne did to the Sea Star II. I'll be looking forward to your trip report! :wink:

Something we did for the first time last year, was going to Willy Broadleafs for dinner. This is VERY High end. But also one of the best meals I've ever had while on Grand Bahama. It's located on the grounds at Our Lucaya.

For cheap we usually go to The Pub overlooking Count Bassie Square. Check out their Awsome Fries.

Enjoy!!

glimmerel:
I. Will anyone be there 11/10-11/14?

Thanks in advance for any info you may have.
nope. i think that everyone on the island is leaving for vacation that week:11ztongue .
but look on the brite side. you will have the whole island to your self:eyebrow:

RICODER....I'm going to Nassau also, but the week of 11/27. what operator you going with???

Scuba65:
RICODER....I'm going to Nassau also, but the week of 11/27. what operator you going with???
LEAVE A WEEK EARLIER! Then we can dive together :)

I'm going with Stuart Cove, if you haven't booked up your dives yet, call them up. I booked all mine ahead of time, and they were really great about it, not to mention the discounts for booking early.

Ya, i was thinking of going with Stuart Cove also...but, i've heard that they will give you the bottom time and you have/must be out when that time is up...no if's and's or but's even if you got plenty of air. That will be crappy if it's true. where you staying at???

Scuba65:
Ya, i was thinking of going with Stuart Cove also...but, i've heard that they will give you the bottom time and you have/must be out when that time is up...no if's and's or but's even if you got plenty of air. That will be crappy if it's true. where you staying at???
The Wyndham resort. I have my GF in tow so, it's gotta be a recreational trip too. There are discounts for that as well here...

We've got internet in our room, so I'll come online and let you know how Stuart Cove is after a couple of dives.

Ok...cool. I'm staying at the Holiday Inn, I so can't wait to go. enjoy your trip and have tons of fun. I take it your gf don't dive?

Nope...she won't even think about it. She does, however, enjoying laying in the sun, which I cannot even fathom doing...so, I dive, she suns...everyone's happy.

I'm taking the Advanced OW course there, and the Shark Awareness program as well. I should have pleanty of info for you.

Have a good time yourself. Dive Safe.

Back
Top Bottom