Grand Cayman - Beach Club Colony operator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cruz Cween

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Going in 1 week, just for the weekend - does anyone have any experience with the operator based at the Beach Club Colony? It's Resort Sports Ltd, and you are supposed to be able to dive from the beach?!

cruz cween,
welcome to this board.
this past summer i took my family to bcc.
the dive op was taking guest out for boat dives and allowing shore dives.
some friends of mine earned their ow's there over the xmas holiday.

it was my impression that bcc had been bought out and they were going to build new condos.

We stayed there last year. Nice little all-inclusive place. Decent food, and all the drinks you could put down. Shore diving was very nice and unlimited. But I think you are there for their very last week of operation. Word is they were bought out for new construction as stated above, and they are closing 1/30/09.

In regards to the operator, you don't dive from the beach, they keep a large pontoon dive platform parked about 100 yards offshore with loads of tanks. A small inflatable will run you out whenever you want to dive throughout the day.

I dove with them last year. Small outfit with a nice 46' boat. DM's were cool and a good time was had. as for shore dives it is 8-10' deep for about a half mile out so it kinda sux. but it is unlimited.
Enjoy.

We stayed there last year. Nice little all-inclusive place. Decent food, and all the drinks you could put down. Shore diving was very nice and unlimited. But I think you are there for their very last week of operation. Word is they were bought out for new construction as stated above, and they are closing 1/30/09.

In regards to the operator, you don't dive from the beach, they keep a large pontoon dive platform parked about 100 yards offshore with loads of tanks. A small inflatable will run you out whenever you want to dive throughout the day.
Thanks - I was under the impression from talking with them last week, that they have had a reprive & will be open for another year - it's SO reasonable it's kinda like, how bad can it be!
Thanks for info that they run you out on an inflatable, as I'm a real newbie with only 9 dives to my career, so getting in from the beach could be a tricky one!
Is the scenery worth seeing off the beach, or do you recommend another dive site in Cayman?
Thanks again for the insights! This is a surpise for my husband's 57th birthday & he's a more experienced diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom